Degrees and Certifications:
Cal. State San Bernardino, B.A Degree University of Redlands, M.A. Educational Counseling, PPS
Junior Counselor- Class of 2023
Google Classroom Code: pzyi2jq
JUNIORS– Prepare for your Future !
How to get started !!!!!!
1. Take the most challenging courses that you can handle and if you have questions – see me in my office.
2. Keep track of your grades on the BUHS Parent/Student Portal. If you don’t understand what you see on your grade report – talk to your teacher. If you are having problems with a class – talk to your Teacher and/or Counselor.
3. Remember that any required course that is failed must be repeated so do your best the first time. To do well in any class, you must study, do homework, and participate.
4. As you go through high school, keep a list /journal/notebook of activities in which you have been involved such as school activities, community service, employment, and/or leadership roles or committees you have served. This will be helpful for work, college, or scholarship applications.
5. Your Freshmen year grades are important. Remember these are grades that will be on your transcript that you will use to apply to Colleges and Scholarships. YES – ALL your grades (9th -12th grade) will be on the transcript! If you are having problems talk to your Teachers and Counselor now.
6. It is never too early to begin looking at Career/College/Military web-sites.
7. Campus visits are a good way to get a feel for a College/University.
All students are encouraged to use the BUHS Tutoring Center from 3:15-4:10pm, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Computers are available.
Parents, if you have not yet picked up your verification code to login to our Parent Portal and check on your student’s grades, please do so. You can get the code in the counseling center with our counseling center receptionist. Or you can also email me and I can forward you the information that you will need to set up an account. Please click on the following Link: Parent Portal