Brawley Union High School
The mission of Brawley Union High School is to challenge and empower all students to graduate as self-directed, productive citizens who are effective communicators, critical thinkers, risk-takers and lifelong learners.
* All people have worth.
* All students can learn and succeed by demonstrating academic integrity and passion for self-directed learning.
* All students need encouragement, support, and structure to nurture their potential.
* Together, both school and family are responsible for providing a foundation of rigorous instruction for maximizing academic achievement.
* Every student has the individual ability and responsibility to choose the direction of his or her life and accept responsibility for his or her own choice.
Schoolwide Learner Outcomes (SLOs):
College and Career Readiness:
Students will acquire postsecondary skills through:
*Goal setting and organization *Daily attendance and punctuality *Participating in a rigorous academic experience *Prioritizing & monitoring progress towards personal goals and objectives *Identifying a career path and progressing toward a career goal
Literacy and Communication:
Students will value and demonstrate proficiency in:
*Reading * Writing *Listening *Speaking * Technology
Students will exhibit proficiency in:
* Critical thinking *Problem solving *Creativity *Mathematical application
Students will master District and Common Core Standards in:
*English *Mathematics *Science *Social Studies *Career and Technical Education *Physical Education *Foreign Language and Visual *Performing Arts
Social & Personal Responsibility
Students will expand their personal development in:
*Social, emotional, and physical well-being *Community involvement * Collaboration *Understanding for cultural diversity *Civic readiness